Help teach millions of Americans about the Constitution by Supporting Educational Outreach Efforts on Behalf of Liberty.
Why does Hillsdale College offer this course for free?
We offer it for free because the Founders of our nation believed that the principles of the Declaration and the Constitution were not simply preferences for their time but truths that future generations could rely on as guides in their pursuit of happiness.
But a key part of the progressive strategy in politics and education is undermining informed patriotism among Americans, especially the young. They’re doing this by promoting a biased distortion of our nation’s history and Constitution. Perhaps you’ve seen this for yourself on TV news, social media, or online.
That’s why, to defend and restore our nation’s principles of liberty, Americans must study and understand them as our Founders did.
Hillsdale is the best-positioned institution in the nation to reach and teach millions of Americans about the importance of the Constitution to liberty and how our founding principles are responsible for America’s unparalleled freedom and prosperity.
For more than 175 years, we have remained true to our original mission—to provide the kind of education needed to perpetuate “the inestimable blessings of civil and religious liberty.” But we cannot do this work alone—we need your help.
Even though we provide the very best liberal arts education in the land to nearly 1,600 undergraduate and graduate students, we need your help to extend our teaching mission nationwide with proven, effective educational outreach.
Your tax-deductible gift today will help reach and teach millions more Americans by:
- Increasing the number of citizens (especially younger Americans) enrolling in Hillsdale’s free online courses such as “Introduction to the Constitution,” “Constitution 101,” and “The Great American Story: A Land of Hope.”
- Sending millions of pocket-size copies of America’s founding documents to individuals and schools across America, including principals, teachers, and K-12 students.
- Promoting educational outreach programs for policymakers and opinion leaders at Hillsdale’s Allan P. Kirby, Jr. Center for Constitutional Studies and Citizenship in Washington, D.C.
- Expanding the circulation of Imprimis, Hillsdale’s digest of liberty, to reach millions more Americans.
- Launching increasing numbers of Hillsdale-supported classical K-12 charter schools nationwide, returning excellence to American K-12 education.
One other key thing you should know…
We accomplish all of our work while refusing to accept ONE PENNY of government support—not even indirectly in the form of federal or state grants or loans. NOT ONE PENNY of taxpayer funding—to remain independent
This unique independence frees the College from burdensome and corrupting federal regulations. But it also means that we are entirely dependent on the generosity of private citizens, like you, who understand the importance of education to liberty.
So please consider giving a generous, tax-deductible donation today. It will really make a difference. Plus…
To thank you for any gift of $100 or more, we will send you a free DVD box set of “Introduction to the Constitution.”
This beautiful DVD box set is perfect for viewing in your home or with a small group. You might also find it useful for a homeschool curriculum or personal study. Do you know someone who is unfamiliar with this subject or who wants to know more? This DVD would make a perfect gift for them!
Only a limited number of DVDs are available—so secure yours today.
Help educate Americans of all ages and get your special DVD box set by making a tax-deductible gift using the secure form below.