Teach Americans the lessons of the ancient world’s greatest republic with our newest free online course, “The Rise and Fall of the Roman Republic.”
Today’s media often compares the current turmoil to Rome’s collapse, indicating what may become our own eventual fate. But we don’t have to be Rome!
Unlike ancient Rome, the American Founders formed a constitutional government based on the principles of liberty and equality under the law. But the preservation of our own republic is only possible when guided by citizens educated in these fundamental principles, always with an eye towards what we might learn from our ancient predecessors.
While studying Rome, you’ll see the possibilities and the dangers faced by every nation. You’ll discover moral exemplars and cautionary tales of vice in the lives of the Romans that apply to all of us, but especially to us Americans.
That’s why we are releasing our latest free online course, “The Rise and Fall of the Roman Republic.”
But we need the support of citizens like you to promote “The Rise and Fall of the Roman Republic” along with our other nationwide outreach.
Will you partner with us to promote this new, free online course and expand other educational outreach efforts on behalf of liberty?
In addition to enrolling as many Americans as possible in this new course, we seek to:
- Expand the circulation of Imprimis, Hillsdale’s digest of liberty, to hundreds of thousands more Americans, including issues like “Our Increasingly Unrecognizable Civilization” by Mark Steyn.
- Send millions of pocket-size copies of America’s founding documents to citizens, teachers, and schoolchildren.
- Help establish additional classical K-12 charter schools nationwide and to provide, free of charge, Hillsdale’s American classical K-12 curriculum (including the new Hillsdale 1776 Curriculum) to increasing thousands of American educators and homeschoolers.
Your generous tax-deductible gift will help ensure that anyone wishing to learn has access, free of charge, to our online courses—including “The Rise and Fall of the Roman Republic”—and that these courses reach the widest audience possible.
Here’s one other thing you should know...
We accomplish all of our work while refusing to accept one penny of government funding—not even indirectly in the form of federal or state student loans and grants. NOT. ONE. PENNY...in order to remain INDEPENDENT.
This frees us from much burdensome and destructive federal regulation...but it also means that we are entirely DEPENDENT upon the support of citizens, like you, who understand the importance of education to liberty.
Your support makes a real impact on people’s lives.
- “Your clear teaching regarding truth, natural law, and the Constitution top the list of reasons [I support Hillsdale College]. Keep up the good work and stay encouraged!” — Roger, Michigan
- “In short, Hillsdale College represents a revival of respect for higher education and the study of the great ideas and principles which gave birth to the United States of America.” — Leslie, Kansas
- “I did not have the opportunity to attend a college or university. My life took me in another direction. The free online courses allow me to experience what a college course is like...I’m so thankful.” — John, California
So, please make a generous, tax-deductible gift today. And when you donate to this campaign, you will receive special, early access to this new course.
SPECIAL OFFER: For your gift of any amount, you will receive a free color map of the Roman world at the end of the Republic printed on high-quality paper. This map is a useful companion for the course and will help illustrate the topics discussed in “The Rise and Fall of the Roman Republic.”Please make your best tax-deductible gift now using the secure form below.